Thursday, February 19, 2015

John Dimmer

John dimmer was one of my favorite guest lectures that we had come into Professor Fry’s class. Just Dimmer was of the first case where I got an actual entrepreneurship atmosphere from. Not saying that the others were not. But the stories that John told the class, kind of proved to me that he was the real deal. What first got me to this impression was the fact that he first owned a Honda dealership somewhere in the Pacific Northwest, and then he decided to enter the airstream market, where he practically took ahold part of the west side of the cascades.
But all in all John Dimmer lectures was based on the funding aspects of running a startup business. He had opened my eyes on the multiple people that you can ask funding for. For example it first starts out with friends and family, then if you want a bigger investment, there are angel investor(s), and so on. Seeing the importance of funding for a business gave me a better understanding of how importance funding can be in running a small business, or any business of some sort. And I feel like he had a lot of experience on the funding, at first the thought of it scared me a bit, but after a while John confirmed to us that it was all part of the process.



No comments:

Post a Comment